A Brief Introduction

Hi, I'm Jess and welcome to my first blog post!

Following my acceptance to The University of Western Ontario, I was determined to keep track of my adventures in grad school. However, after the process of preparing grew longer and the resources online dwindled, I made it a point to keep track of the steps I took so others would have a one-stop shop for resources when it comes to studying in Canada; particularly as a graduate student.

First, let me share a little about myself. My name is Jess and I am a Master's student of public history at Western University. My first bout of college was an undergraduate degree at Shippensburg University from 2014-2018.

History and I go way back, well, as far back as a 23 year old can remember. My family and I took constant trips to various sites which, I suppose inspired a love of learning about the past.

Fast forward a whole bunch of years and I have been a tour guide for four years at the Berks County Heritage Center, graduated with a degree in public history of Shippensburg University, and was just accepted at Western.

I'm thrilled (albeit a bit nervous) to be on this new adventure and I am excited to see what awaits at the other end.

So keep up, keep track, and let's go!

--Jess--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A fine beer may be judged with only one sip,...

"If you can't get the people to the museum

“I may not have gone where I intended to go,...